Why choose Moorlands School for your children's educationin Years 7 and 8?
Perhaps you are considering boarding school at 13, or perhaps you feel your child is not quite ready for a bigger school yet and would benefit from 2 years' preparation for senior school in our warm, friendly and family style environment.
In Year 7 and 8, we have developed a comprehensive curriculum covering academic, sporting and cultural activities and which emphasises leadership, teamwork and critical thinking. This culminates in the award of the Moorlands Diploma.
Moorlands School offers:
• Preparation for entry to all local independent day schools and to boarding schools throughout the country
• Small classes ensuring individual attention
• Specialist subject teaching in dedicated classrooms
• High academic standards
• Preparation for Common Entrance
• Regular success in gaining scholarships
• Excellent facilities including our own swimming pool, sports hall, indoor climbing wall, IT suite, science labs, specialist Art and DT rooms
• Outstanding pastoral care
• Support for dyslexia and other learning difficulties
• Responsibilities, privileges and opportunities for leadership such as head of house, prefect duties and their own common room
• A wide range of activities available including rugby, cricket, football, swimming, canoeing, hockey, golf, rock climbing, netball, cross country, gymnastics, drama and music
• Sports fixtures and tours
• Opportunities for every child to perform
• Close relationship between school and parents